Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Iowa State Fair!

So, I'm a little behind on my family blogging. I guess that's what happens when you go back to work! Anyway, we took our annual trip to the Iowa State Fair in August. The boys always look forward to this event and I'm not sure if because they get to go with Grandpa Bill and Grandma Lois, see the largest bull and boar, milk a cow, eat lots of things on a stick, go flying down the big slide, collect free "things" in the Varied Industries Building or get as many tattoos as possible! Whatever the reason, a great time was had by all. Here are some highlights from our day at the fair!

Visiting the firefighters and trying to get Owen to Stop, Drop, and Roll. He didn't quite understand the concept of get down on your hands and knees so as you can see the firefighter is trying to push his butt down:)

Connor had a blast milking the cow (and so did Mason, Connor, and Katie). It took a little convincing, but he was pretty proud when all was said and done!

The big slide was a hit as usual. I remember doing this as a kid too, but when I went down with Owen this year it went a little faster than I remember!



Little Hands on the Farm was awfully crowded this year, so we skipped a few steps in the process, but still managed to turn in our produce and get some money for our hard work! I wonder how many Pioneer hats we have floating around our house from over the years?


Future Farmers of America?





No comments:

Post a Comment