Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Finally

I finally have an avid reader on my hands.  OK, that may be an exaggeration, but compared to the past several years I will go with it anyway!  We spent countless hours reading to Mason as an infant, toddler, and preschooler.  When he learned to read he still enjoyed listening to us read to him, but never really settled into the routine of reading to himself without a LOT of threats prompting from me. 


So, fast forward five years and there's a "reader" in the house, thanks to the world of technology!  We have an iPad and the Kindle App seemed to intrigue him, but it was his cousin Abby's Kindle that really sucked him in.  When I asked Mason which one he preferred he quickly responded with the Kindle because it was more like a "real" book.  Since when did he want to read a real book?  Without hesitation we purchased a Kindle and both Mason and I have read more books in the past month than all of last year.  Mason has even found a series he enjoys (and there are TONS of books in this collection).  As for myself, I didn't realize how much I'd missed reading a book, since most of my time has been spent reading magazines, blogs, and cookbooks for the past several years.  Who would have known?  Hopefully, Kindle will get their library lending program up and going so I don't have to fork out all the money for Mason's downloads (I just read the free ones)!


Now, Mason is still probably more into this.....


but I'll take what I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment