Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bormann Christmas

The Bormann's haven't all been together for the Christmas holiday for years, usually it's just us girls. This year we got a little closer at least and Jeff and family were able to join us. Our tradition of a soup dinner continued, although the flavors changed to chicken tortilla and potato (courtesy of Joan). Other menu items included olive bread, beer bread, relishes, pie, and cheesecake. What can I say, we're a carbs kind of family...bread, dessert, etc. You might ask why I'm including the menu, but part of the purpose of my blog is to savor some memories for my kids because I'll be the first to admit I'm horrible at baby books! So, bear with me and all the details. Now, back to the holiday celebration!

Owen had received his antler ears the day before and I'm pretty sure he wore them the entire day and even convinced Abby to give him a red nose. Rudolph was pretty cool until he learned the shiny red nose was made from make-up for GIRLS!





Mason, Connor, and Owen had fun opening presents from Grandpa Bill and Grandma Lois. Let's see, it was a t-shirt, book, and magazine subscription for Mason. Sweatshirt (warm and cozy- his favorite), books, and subscription for Connor. Woody gear, books, and subscription for Owen! I'm hoping the magazines will increase some quality read to self at home. I just had to get a little teacher jargon in there!

Who liked Buzz and the Woody gear more, Katie or Owen?

Grandpa Bill and Grandma Lois enjoying their Christmas gifts from the kids. The minute I saw the book covering Iowa's 99 counties I knew Dad would love it. He's already ready for a good read! Mom's gift was a no-brainer...a facial...oh, that sounds good right now!


Julie started a new tradition this year of playing BINGO for presents. I'm not sure if the kids had more fun or the adults! Adults by far had a longer attention span, but once the little ones won a prize all was good! If you were to ask my boys, they would probably pick this as the highlight of the day, or maybe it was playing outside in all the fresh snow!

Thank goodness for the Schuller cousins. They are always such good sports about playing with my kids and I'm so glad they have such a great relationship with all their cousins. Out in the cold they headed and as a bonus, I got to take pictures from INSIDE the house. Let's just say I couldn't go outside because of the risk of falling and injuring my back and freezing my "patooty" off!

Katie, Abby, Courtney, and Ashley!

Finally a few posed photos from the day. The first one cracks me up because we were doing the Owen "pose" Ashley had taught him! I also noticed something else as I was going through photos...Julie, Joan, and I are actually wearing something other than the color black!!! We always seem to match and it's usually black.



No comments:

Post a Comment