Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful #6

I'm thankful for kids with an adventurous spirit!  While on our spring break vacation to the beautiful state of Colorado last year, my kiddos (and their cousins) were gung ho to go on a four mile hike.  I can't say that I was as thrilled, but was very happy with our accomplishment when all was said and done.  There aren't a lot of pictures of the uphill...possibly because I was out of breath.  But I did manage several at the top and on the downhill...much easier!

Beautiful view!

All, Maya, and Owen enjoying lunch half way up.

My two hiking buddies!  I love Maya's comment about half way up, "I sure hike a lot and I'm still not any good at it."

As Owen says, "Our favorite Colorado cousins."

This was our trail, which was very close to the Colorado fires this summer outside of Fort Collins.


Yep, here was the bottom and you can almost see the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment